Official

Accepted

Unanswered

Advanced Filters

Search Results (169.5K)

Relevance
Selected Relevance

I have the latest Xfi Gateway modem/router. I'm in a small 1 bedroom apt and the Xfi is located in the living room 20 ft from any devices I may be using. When I hardwire my laptop I connect at 900mbps but if I disconnect the ethernet cable and use wi

I'm not getting the connection speed I am paying for

I am supposed to be getting 1200 mbps connection speed through the Xfinity Gateway modem/router combo however I can only come close to that if I use an ethernet hardwire connection to my device. If I attempt connecting through my WiFi I can only reach speeds of 300mbps at best on all my devices. Why

Question

Closed

Wifi won’t work on phone unless i disconnect

Our wifi works fine other than our phones. It will show as connected, nothing will load, we have to disconnect and reconnect for it to temporarily work. This process repeats itself and the live chat with an agent was the most unproductive unhelpful thing.

Question

Closed

ethernet connected devices not showing up as connected on Xfinity app

I'm trying to port forward but my device connected via ethernet cable to my modem isn't showing up as connected on the Xfinity app.

Question

Closed

Log off my Xfinity account

Help! I need help to log off all devices into my account. I accidentally left my Xfinity account open and password saved on my previous work computer and mobile and the new employee has been logging in. I already changed the password and email but no luck. Any advice? Considering canceling this acco

Question

Status page is no help, no one answers anything g but generic answers here and like Comcast before the name change xfinity doesn't really care when you get down to asking questions. I do t blame the people trying to help and answering here but you re

to the conversation: 

Portland January 2024 outage

Why is there no info regarding the outage and why it is taking so long? Is the system going to be exposed as having too many fail points? Nearing one full week of ‘asap’ mantra per resolution. Get out and speak to the problem.

Question

Closed

Xfinitywifi and XFINITY (Xfinity WiFi Home Hotspots) SSIDs not being broadcast/can not connect

For over a year I have had many guests and family use the 'Xfinitywifi' and 'XFINITY' Xfinity WiFi Home Hotspot Guest connections with their own Xfinity login credentials in lieu of them connecting to my personal home xfinity wifi private network. Beginning mid July both of those SSID's stopped broa

Question

Closed

Mini guide icon disappeared- can’t change channels! I am not having the same issue on my other TV.

Everything was working fine on my Xfinity stream app than a few days ago when I put the TV on in the morning it no longer showed the mini guide icon in the lower right corner. I tried everything from uninstalling and reinstalling several times but nothing will bring the mini guide back and I cannot

Question

@XfinityJanelle​ Changing the password made things worse. I went to RoadRunner's webmail and changed my password.  Then I went into outlook to change my password there and I can't even hit RR's servers.  So I went back to my webmail thinki

to the conversation: 

Suddenly I can't send email from my PC using Outlook, 2 Android phones and 3 iPads

After working for years, all of my devices stopped sending emails at the same time when I'm connected to Xfinity's wifi. However, my two Android phones can send emails when I turn the wifi off and use cellular data.  This is happening with two different email addresses. The error code I get in

Question

@XfinityMarcos​ Thanks for the reply. I spent 47 minutes talking to an Xfinity agent and went in circles for most of that time, it was quite frustrating, and they made me change my primary password and add a non-affiliated email, which I really didn'

to the conversation: 

Account Management: Changing a secondary account password

This used to be a simple thing to do but not now. The new Xfinity website is terrible in my humble opinion. It seems as if Xfinity has gone great lengths to eliminate contact with an actual person. I can't find a way to change the forgotten password for a secondary account. The password change utili

Question

@EG I don't see an option within the xfi app as clicking the pencil shows me the wifi name, security mode, and then the broadcast wifi name option. On the website the channel option is disabled. 

to the conversation: 

Got new Xfinity modem and now can't print over wifi with epson workforce 545

Got new Xfinity modem and now can't print over wifi with epson workforce 545. Prior to switching out to new modem epson printed with no issues.  I've seen multiple post where people are having issues but I haven't found anything that works yet.  From what I can tell there might be an issu

Question

Change IPv4 address

Hello, I work from home and have done so for years with-out issues. My employer recently changed our work VPN to GlobalProtect and I have been experiencing connectivity issues (on my work computer only!). Our IT did some investigating and game back with a response: "IP range from home network from X

Question

Closed

Unable to access internet via Ethernet connection

I am unable to access certain websites on my desktop when connected to my router via Ethernet. Before, my ethernet connection was working fine. This problem started occuring recently and I am not sure why. For example, when I try to enter google.com or youtube.com, I am either getting the error '

Question

Accepted Solution

Closed

Does one's internet need to be from Xfinity in order to stream shows requiring connection to in-home WiFi to watch?

My home internet is not from Xfinity. For both my Win 10 laptop using Xfinity stream on Chrome and the Android app on a phone, shows are marked with 'Connect to in-home WiFi to watch' with 'play' icons greyed and ignoring presses/clicks , even though both are on my home WiFi network.  I notice

Question

Accepted Solution

Closed

arris sb8200 cable modem has two ethernet ports

The SB8200 cable modem has two ethernet ports. I'm hoping to split traffic into two legs.  One leg would be non-critical devices (tvs, scales, dvd players).  The other would be for all devices that I want to be secured.  Those devices would connected to a router in back of a hardware

Question

Closed

WIFI Troubles

We've been having trouble with slow and intermittent wifi for a few months now. We've had the XB7 Gateway since April 2023 and the same three Xfinity pods since 2019. After multiple techs, I'm not sure who to turn to at this point... In April, the XB6 Gateway stopped working. It showed a red light

Question

Accepted Solution

Closed

Only one Ethernet port is working on the XB7 modem in Bridge Mode

Good morning.  I have the new XB7 running in bridge mode.  My Orbi RBK752 is plugged into the 1st Ethernet port.  When I plug my Netgear 24 port switch (JGS524NA) which runs my gaming and streaming PS into tyhe 2nd port I get an Unidentified network on both PC's as well as an odd IP address.  I have

Question

WiFi cuts out intermittently, lights on modem go off

My wifi connection has been cutting out recently and I noticed when it does, the 2.4 and 5 ghz lights on my modem go out. I don't currently have the option of using ethernet so I don't know if that is interrupted or not. I've rebooted the gateway (as it seems to be the only thing the help line wants

Question

Closed

What steps do I need to do replace a phone

I need to replace a phone (iPhone SE) due to damage. I purchased it directly from Xfinity and do not have insurance, so will be purchasing a new iPhone. The question is what steps do I need to take to successfully activate a replacement phone. Most likely I will be purchasing from an Xfinity stiore

Question

Closed

Landline number change

I accidentally changed my landline phone number how can I get my old one back

Question

@XfinitySelena How do I get my username and password for by Xfinity gateway? My account username and password do not work. Although reserving an IP for the Ring doorbell was supposedly done by someone with Ring technical support, it still does not wo

to the conversation: 

Ring Doorbell XB7 Router Incompatibility

My Ring doorbell worked on my Xfinity wifi for about 5 months. Then it stopped working (i.e., no camera view). I thought it might be a power issue, so I charged it for 24 hours--no luck. I worked with Ring support, who helped me try the doorbell on my Verizon wifi—it worked great. I tried to use the

Question

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here